Friday, February 13, 2009

psalm 130

the dark night of my soul
sets in
unbearable weight piles upon
the yoke of
fear i carry.

stifling layers of pain
crack and shatter
my spirit
so weary.

i wade through the blackness
in search of your morning.
crimson stains of sin
blindfold the light
of loves salvation.

sisters and brothers come quickly
peel open my eyes of green
to gaze into 
mercy's liberation.

dear friends i plead
walk with me
that i may taste.

darkness comes before dawn
let us wait like watchmen
and let us wait together.

from the depths
hope flickers.
crushing burden of shame
now weightless.

dancing in fields of joy
redemption beams.

o friends you stayed
upholding till i receive
guiding me to embrace.

lord you failed not
exchaning my night
for your radiance
of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment